Could your child be entitled to free school meals? If you are on the following benefits you will be able to claim a meal for your children:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance or an Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit Only (with a family income of less than £16,190)
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
You can’t get free school meals if you are claiming Working Tax Credit.
It’s easy to apply at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals or ask the school office for a form. Your child’s school will get a payment from the Government of £900 per year.