Download this information as a PDF here.
Working together to ensure the best possible attendance for every child at Charlesworth Primary School.
Dear Parents and Carers,
We know that every parent wants their child to achieve as well as they possibly can at Primary School. However, if your child is not in school, on time, as often as possible they will be missing out on many important parts of their education.
- Do you know what your child’s attendance is?
- Do you know what “good” attendance is?
- Figures can be misleading! Even 90% attendance which sounds quite good is actually the same as missing half a day of education every single week….or four full weeks every year. That’s a lot of school time missed!
- We want every child to achieve at least 95% or higher attendance in order for them to make the best progress possible
By increasing attendance by just 1%, schools can improve attainment by over 5%. Please help us and your child by ensuring their attendance remains above 95% allowing them to achieve their full potential.
We have a number of children who attend school regularly but arrive late each day. Being late every day can add up to a lot of lost learning time.
- 5 minutes late every day adds up to over 3 days lost each year.
- 15 minutes late is the same as being absent for 2 weeks a year.
Please help your child to be punctual.
We will refer families to the Education Welfare Officer if their child’s individual attendance falls below 85% or if children are continually late.
You will also be invited to a meeting held in school.
Junior children should be on the playground by 8.55am and Infant children by 9.10am. Children should be on the playground and should not use main entrance doors unless they are late.
So how well is your child doing?
Please do not hesitate to come into school if you need any support at all with improving your child’s attendance. We are always happy to talk to you and would much rather sort out little problems before they become bigger ones.
By working together we can ensure that your child has the very best chance of achieving their full potential at Charlesworth Primary School.
Get into good habits today!